Urban Gardeners Red Sander-Lal Chandan-Pterocarpus Santalinus Seeds- Redsandal Tree Seeds (Pterocarpus Santalinus) -Red sandalwood seeds
₹199.00 – ₹499.00
- Pterocarpus Santalinus also known as Red Sanders ,Red Sanderswood, Red Saunders, Rakta chandana (Indian), Lal Chandan, Ragat Chandan, Rukhto Chandan, Undum.
- Pterocarpus Santalinus commonly known as Red Sandalwood, is a native and endemic to India. Timber is highly demanded domestically and internationally, and especially in East Asian countries.
- Red Sandalwood timber is used for carvings, furniture, poles, and house posts. The rare “wavy” grain variant is highly valued for its acoustic properties and is used to make musical instruments.
- Seed biology : – No. of pods per Kg : 900 to 1400 , Germination percentage : 80 -90 %
- Pre-treatment – Soaking in cold water for 72 hours and soaking in cowdung slurry for 72 hours.6.Nursery Technique – Pre-treated seeds are directly planted into polythene bag. Germination notice within 10 days.
Pterocarpus santalinus is a species of Pterocarpus native to India.iIt is a light-demanding moderate sized tree growing upto 8 m tall with a trunk 50-150 cm diameter.Product Specification Type-Natural, Dried Botanical Name – Pterocarpus santalinus Color-Brown Usage-Wood Flowering :Flowers in yellow terminal panicles appear in April (immediately after leaf-fall) to May. Fruiting : Pods are formed rapidly but get ripened in next February – March. Morphology of the Fruit/Seed : Pods oblilquely orbicular, 3 to 4 cms in diam. Including the wing, gradually narrowed into a short stipe. Seeds one per pod, 1 to 1.5 cms long, reddish brown with a smooth leathery testa. Seed Collection and Storage :Dry pods are collected from the trees in February to May, dried in the sun for 3 days, and stored in gunny bags. Seeds retain viability for an year easily. Pretreatment:Soaking in cold water for 72 hours or soaking in cowdung slurry for 72 hours. Nursery Technique :10 to 15 Kgs of pretreated seeds are sown per bed (12 x 1.2 mts) of sandy loam or loamy soil in April and covered with a thin layer of soil.
|Dimensions||10 × 5 × 3 cm|
50 Gms, 100 Gms, 200 Gms